|Base of Operations||Las Noches, Hueco Mundo|
Being an Arrancar, Roque used to be a hollow, and still keeps a trace of it, as the nose and the jawline is still attached. He has dark green hair, which is messed and unevenly cut in such a way that his hair actually suits his face. A tall Arrancar, Roque is the tallest Espada, at 7 feet, which is actually quite small for Arrancar.
Roque is very much the leader in terms of any situation: He is always ready for every situation and is the person that anyone needs to go to in terms of stength, while Aisha is best for personal matters.
500 years before the start of the series, and Roque was an average Gillian. However, unlike any other of his "team" (They kept eating each other), Roque was the only one who had a single personality, much like what he has today, with no idea how he could do such a thing. Through his intelligence, he was easily able to fight and eat Adjuchas, evolving into one himself. Gaining more intelligence, Roque ate his former friends, simply because of the pity he felt for them, believing himself to be letting their souls be transported to a place where they will be able to roam free with intelligence.
As he got closer to the exclusive Vasto Lorde species, Roque felt lonely, and wished that he never killed his friends, and started a rampage, hopefully thinking that eventually getting to Vasto Lorde would cure him of his loneliness, and crossed into the border between the two, something which has been crossed between those that usually became Espada, like Ulquiorra Cifer. Just as he crossed the border, he went on a further rampage, killing everyone in a couple of nests within the Forest of Menos, but a single Adjuchas, who wasn't scared of his power, called Aisha Pena. She decided to join him on his travels, just as a finger of Roque's was eaten by a Gillian, who Clorinda then killed. Realising that he could never become a Vasto Lorde, he decided to stop being a hollow, and ripped his mask off, making him a natural Arrancar. Pena then did the same.
20 years before the start of the series, Roque became the diez Nuevo Espada, making Pena his Fracción. Just before the start, Roque moved up positions, due to increasing strength and the fact that the novena Espada before him was killed in action. Therefore, he took their place.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Master Swordsmanship Specialist: Roque's speciality lies in his extreme skills in swords. He is able to fight on par with the tres, séptima and quinto Nuevo Espada at the same time, but overwhelmed by the immense skill in the Primera Espada's Zanpakuto.
Hand-to-hand combatant: Roque is skilled enough in hand to hand combat to fight off multiple Adjuchas.
Soledad (孤独, Spanish for "Loneliness"): Roque's Zanpakutō manifests in the form of a standard katana, with a red hilt.
- Resurrección: It's release command is "Control" (制御, seigyo). Soledad explodes, sending Reiatsu in the area around Roque. Since the sword exploded, there is only one way for Soledad to be resealed: gather the Reiatsu, and form it into the sword. Roque's appearance doesn't change, except for the lack of a sword.
- Resurrección Special Ability: Roque is granted extra abilities, enabling him to change the environment around him for up to 10 feet, in as many ways possible.
- Time Manipulation: In the area around him, Roque is able to slow down and even stop time, allowing him to dodge any object. However, he cannot attack within the area, as it requires 2 hands to stop time.
- Weaponry: Roque is able to use the Reiatsu in the area to create anything that is possible, usually weapons. Anything can exist, from the simple Katana, to a giant chainsaw-like weapon. He can also create Cero like attacks, with the simplest form of this being able to kill the octina Nuevo Espada, being a laser-like strike, but as far reaching as the borders of the area. Roque is able to move whenever using these weapons, so that he can effectively use them as much as his sealed Zanpakutō.
- Shielding: Around the area, Roque can create shielding for whoever needs it. As long as they stay in the area, they keep the shielding but once they leave, it is de-activated.