|Height||183 cm (5'8")|
|Weight||61 kg (134 lbs.)|
|Affiliation||Gotei 13, Soul Society|
|Base of Operations||3rd Division HQ, Seireitei, Soul Society|
Roydon Mashūzu is a fairly tall man with long black hair that comes down to his neck. Roydon wears a sleeveless Shihakushō. He sometimes wears a bandage on his right arm. During his days as 6th seat he had only his right sleeve gone on his Shihakushō.
Roydon has a great sense of loyalty and does not waver from his duties as lieutenant. He enjoys reading books and writing, he has written many books that have been popular among many Shinigami. When in fights he acts in a calm manor, he always thinks before he acts. He always seems to have back up plans in case any of his plans fails.
Roydon grew up in Rukongai where he had a hard life he found a group of orphans and joined them. When he was young Rukongai was attacked by a large group of Hollows, it was then he met his future friend and mentor, Tomu Kurai, who single handily killed all the Hollows and noticed that he had a high spiritual power. From that day Roydon trained to become stronger. He enter the Shinigami Academy and was hailed as a genius.
Tomu Kurai one day began to teach at the Academy and personally took Roydon under his wing and trained him, with this he quickly graduated. Though he wanted to be in the Fifth Division he was stationed in the Eleventh Division and was the 6th Seat there. He spent many years training and was transferred to the Seventh Division. Unhappy with this he ask his Captain at the time to be transferred to the Fifth Division, this was eventually accepted after the Fifth Division needed a new 3rd after Aizen's promotion to Captain of the Third Division.
Tomu met him and apologised for not been able to get him into the Fifth Division quick enough, he noticed his great spiritual power and offered to training him with his "extreme conditioning" training program. At some point in time, Roydon achieved Bankai and trained under Chōjirō Tadaoki Sasakibe to master it.
Years later Roydon became the Lieutenant of the Fifth Division. At this time Tomu and Aizen did not see eye to eye, Roydon enquired about this and Tomu told him about Aizen's true self. At some point he and Tomu saved the then first year academy students Momo Hinamori, Izuru Kira, and Renji Abarai from a Hollow attack during their training. He was surpirsed that Tomu allowed Momo to join the division as 3rd Seat but in time he and Momo became good friends he also developed friendships with Renji and Izuru.
Powers & AbilitiesEdit
Immense Endurance: He possesses a high level of resilience and stamina, evidenced by his ability to take heavy damage from his Captain during his “extreme conditioning” training. He was able to fight Gin while injured from the latter's surprise attack.
Immense Durability: During his "extreme conditioning" training Roydon has become immensely durable, being able to shrug off high level (30 and above) Kido spells and keep on going. He was able to fight and defeated Gin when he was injured by the latter's surprise attack.
Great Spiritual Power: Roydon boasts a great spiritual energy, enough to frighting a group Números. Tomu suggests that he would make a good captain. Tomu has stated that his Reiryoku is a rare elemental type. Roydon's reiryoku is an elemental type over the element of Lightning.
Tachi Kaminari (立雷, Falling Lightning): In its sealed form, Roydon's sword looks like a regular katana with an triangular tsuba. Its hilt has green braiding and a chain at the end of the hilt. Roydon has been seen carrying his Zanpakutō on his back.
- Shikai: Tachi Kaminari's Shikai command is "Fall" (秋, Aki). When released, it takes the form of a black Zweihänder. The sword is able to discharge electricity at opponents. It is also able to convert spirit energy and turn it in lightning; Roydon is skilled at streaming the lightning through the sword to increase its cutting power.
- Shikai Special Ability: Tachi Kaminari’s Shikai is largely used for melee combat but possesses one known special ability.
- Kaminari Satsugai (雷殺害, Lightning Slayer): At the instant of the slash, Tachi Kaminari absorbs his spiritual energy and release highly condensed spiritual energy at the tip of the blade and converts it into lightning, magnifying the slash attack and then flies forward. This slash takes the form a wave. Roydon can use this technique without using its name but he states that it is stronger when he uses the name.
- Bankai: Atsuen Kaminari (圧延雷, Rolling Lightning): In its Bankai, the blade takes the form of an ancient and worn katana, severely scorched by fire and has finely engraved lightning markings running down both sides of the blade.
- Bankai Special Ability: Unlike his Shikai, Atsuen Kaminari has various and powerful abilities. Roydon has stated that there is more to his Bankai than the physical boost he gains.
- Enhanced Strength: Roydon's strength is boosted greatly to the point he can break a Captain-level opponent's arm and send them crashing into a building.
- Lightning Speed Combat: Roydon's speed greatly increases to the point he can get behind and surprise Gin, a former Captain and Shunpo Master. It is later revealed that Roydon can reach up to the speeds of a lightning strike. 
- Kaminari Kyūryū (雷急流, Lightning Torrent): Roydon unleashes a torrent of lightning towards his opponent when it hits them it violent explodes causeing massive damage to the target and the surroundings. Roydon can also keep the lightning in his blade allow him to make powerful strikes.
- Kami no Kaminari: Kita (神の雷：北, God's Lightning: North): A slash of concentrated lightning and heat that incinerates whatever it touches out of existence.
- Kami no Kaminari: Minami (神の雷：南, God's Lightning: South): Roydon impales the tip of his sword into the ground causing a bright light to form in the sky above his intended target. Soon after lightning clouds quickly begin to form as well, the clouds cover a wide area and can be seen from the Seireitei. Almost instantly a bolt of lightning will strike the target.
- Roydon is the third Shinigami to have the elemental type Zanpakuto of Lightning. The other two being Seigen Suzunami and Chōjirō Tadaoki Sasakibe.
- (Talking about his Zanpakutō) "Chōjirō said my Bankai is the lightning version of the Captain-Commander's Zanpakutō. I hope it has the strength to free you Captain."